For the lentils:
- Heat one tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add lentils and three cups (720 milliliters) of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer vigorously for 20 minutes, or until lentils are soft but still have a firm bite. Drain.
For the dressing:
- Whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, Dijon, cumin seeds, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
For the poached eggs:
- Bring a saucepan of water and white vinegar to a boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer. Crack each egg into its own small cup with a handle. Carefully tilt each egg into the water, one after the other. Cook eggs for three minutes. Remove with slotted spoon onto a plate.
- Transfer lentils to a large bowl. Pour over dressing and toss to combine.
- Distribute lentils evenly into four serving plates, sprinkle with feta, top each dish with an egg, then garnish with parsley and crushed red pepper.
Elevate your egg experience with the Chef Watts advice in the video below.