- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a medium bowl, combine granulated sugar, icing sugar, and butter. Once the sugars and butter are thoroughly mixed, add egg, vanilla, and honey, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and clove.
- Once dry ingredients are combined add slowly to wet ingredients until well mixed.
- Scoop balls of dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Balls should measure about two tablespoons each.
- Press dough balls gently with hand. Bake for ten to twelve minutes or until just set and brown. Remove from oven to a cooling rack.
- Let cookies cool slightly, then drizzle with honey, sprinkle on the walnuts and serve.
Check out the video below for more info from Chef Watts on how to use leavening agents.