- Drain cashews and transfer to a blender along with coconut milk, water, sugar or maple syrup and vanilla.
- Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Strain into a punch bowl or pitcher and stir in rum, and Grand Marnier or Cointreau.
- Served garnished with freshly grated nutmeg.
- If making ahead of time, the eggnog may separate when refrigerated. Simply let it sit for 20 minutes at room temperature, then whisk well or reblend before serving.
Exerpted from the 2019 edition of Joy of Cooking with permission from Scribner/Simon & Schuster Canada. All rights reserved.