- Add a splash of olive to medium-sized pot on high heat.
- Add tomatoes and let cook on high for the next five minutes. Break up tomatoes with the back of a spoon to help thaw and break down.
- After five minutes, stir in sugar and reduce heat to medium and let bubble for another five minutes.
- Add mixture to blender along with fresh basil leaves. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer back to pot and stir in one cup vegetable stock, milk or coconut milk.
- Reduce until desired thickness.
- Stir in knob of cold butter until melted and season salt and pepper.
For an easy herb butter recipe, click here.