For Tamarind Juice: Boil 50 grams of shelled tamarind in 3/4 cup water for five minutes and run through sieve.
- In a pot, heat all seasoning sauce ingredients until boiling for about two minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a wok, add narrow rice noodles and sprinkle some water. Stir thoroughly until soft and lumpy. Set aside.
- Heath three tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok. Fry yellow bean curd tofu until yellow. Then add dried shrimps and fry until crispy.
- Add garlic, shallot, sweet pickled radish and stir until fragrant. Add shrimps and stir until cooked.
- Add noodles and Pad Thai seasoning. Stir fry until dry.
- Add (a little oil is optional here) beaten egg. Swirl around and leave.
- Add half portion of bean sprouts and green onions and stir well. Spoon onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with bean sprouts (remove the tails), green onions, sliced lime, chili powder and pounded roasted peanuts
- Banana blossom could also be served along