- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin or 12 ramekins with baking cups (unbleached parchment paper or silicone).
- Layer the squash or sweet potato and spinach or chard equally into the tins or ramekins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, pesto and salt until well blended.
- Pour the mixture equally over the squash and spinach. Top with any of the boosters, and a sprinkle of extra salt if desired.
- Cook for 35 minutes, or until eggs are set.
Tip: I highly recommend adding all the optional ingredients for a truly gourmet dish. But if you’re in a rush, the simple version will still impress anyone lucky enough to be served this. This recipe is great for shared meals and as a quick and convenient lunch to bring to work.
This recipe is from Julie’s Book the Hot Detox. Permission has been granted from Harper Collins Canada.