- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
- If using wooden skewers, put in cold water to soak. Set aside.
- Cut chicken thighs into five centimeter pieces.
- Add yogurt, ginger, garlic, garam masala, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric, salt, lemon juice, and one tablespoon (15 milliliters) of vegetable oil to a large bowl and stir well to combine. Put chicken pieces in the bowl and stir to coat. Leave to marinate as long as you wish, from a few minutes to a few hours.
- Once chicken is marinated, remove skewers from water. Remove chicken pieces from marinade and thread them onto skewer.
- Brush a grill pan with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high. Grill skewers until meat is cooked through, about three minutes each side. Transfer skewers to baking sheet and place in oven. Cook for ten minutes.
- Serve with Mint Chutney (See Recipe).
If you're planning on putting meat in the oven, check out the video below for useful tips!