- 3/4 cup (180 milliliters) grape jam or jelly
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) toasted almond slices
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) chunks of dark chocolate (or substitute with dark chocolate chips)
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) cinnamon
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 egg, whisked, for egg wash
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
- In a bowl, combine grape jam, almond slices, dark chocolate, orange zest, and cinnamon.
- Take the puff pastry and lay it out flat. Roll it into a log and chill in refrigerator until firm.
- Cut log into eight slices (roughly four centimeter pieces). Lay each slice on the counter and flatten into a thin circle using a rolling pin.
- Place some of the mixture in the centre of each circle. Apply egg wash to the outside edge of each circle. Fold circles in half and pinch along the top edges gently to secure. Shape in to a crescent moon by pulling the two tips up and toward each other so that the flat edge becomes curved like a crescent moon.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Dust with icing sugar.