- 1 kilogram snails
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) breadcrumbs
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) salt
- 1/2– 3/4 cup (120 milliliters – 180 milliliters) olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
- Rinse snails thoroughly under cold water, then put in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat water in a large pot on the stove until it comes to a rolling boil, then drop snails inside. Boil snails for ten minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water again.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, crushed red pepper, garlic, Pecorino, salt, and enough olive oil to make the breadcrumb mixture wet.
- Using your hands, stuff snails with breadcrumb mixture.
- Transfer stuffed snails to a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for ten minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.