- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 4 artichokes
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) grated pecorino cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 milliliters) shredded prosciutto
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 (1 milliliter) teaspoon salt
- 1/2 (2.5 milliliters) teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons (90 milliliters) olive oil, divided + more for drizzling
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) dry white wine
- Fill a bowl with water and squeeze in lemon juice. Prepare the artichokes by cleaning them and discarding the tough outer leaves. Cut off stems and 2.5 centimeters off the top of each artichoke. Spread the leaves aside to get to the centre, then scrape out the fluffy inside using a teaspoon. Place the artichokes in the bowl of lemon water.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, pecorino, and prosciutto in a bowl. Add garlic, salt, pepper, and chopped parsley, then stir together. Beat eggs in a separate bowl, then add to breadcrumb mixture and stir well. Mix in three tablespoons (45 milliliters) of olive oil.
- Remove the artichokes from the water and dry them off. Add three tablespoons (45 milliliters) of olive oil to a skillet. Place artichokes upright in the skillet. Fill each artichoke with the breadcrumb mixture, including the spaces between leaves. Turn the heat up to medium and cook artichokes in skillet for a few minutes. Pour the white wine over top. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover skillet with a lid and let cook 20 minutes.
- Put in the oven at 400 F (205 C) for four to five minutes to finish.