- 2 1/4 (540 milliliters) cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 milliliters) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (25 milliliters) baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons (75 milliliters) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon (7.5 milliliters) honey
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2/3 cup (160 milliliters) milk
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) apricot jam
- 400 grams dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 1/2 tablespoons (68 milliliters) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (180 milliliters) chopped pistachios, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cloves, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Add eggs, butter, honey, zest, and milk and mix with a hand mixer until a homogenous, slightly sticky batter forms.
- Using a 30 milliliter ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Put in the oven and bake for ten minutes, until the cookie has darkened in colour, but it still soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place the apricot jam in a small bowl, then brush each cookie with a thin layer of jam.
- In a bain marie, melt the dark chocolate and butter until glassy and smooth, then remove from heat. Flip a cookie over and dip in chocolate until the entire top is coated, then place dipped side up on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with a generous amount of pistachios. Repeat until all cookies are glazed and garnished with pistachios. Leave to dry, then serve.