- 2 cups (480 milliliters) flour
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) salt
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) sugar
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) honey
- 2 cups (480 milliliters) melted dark chocolate
- 2 cups (480 milliliters) roasted, mixed nuts (almond slivers, roughly chopped walnuts, roughly chopped hazelnuts, pine nuts)
- 3/4 cup (180 milliliters) chopped candied orange peel
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 cups (360 milliliters) melted dark chocolate, to cover
- Preheat oven to 325 F (160 C).
- Add flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, honey, and melted dark chocolate. Add wet ingredients to dry and fold until fully combined. Add nuts, candied orange peel, and zest of one lemon and fold to incorporate. Add a small amount of room temperature water if more moisture is needed. Turn batter out onto a clean surface and shape into a dome. Place shaped dough on parchment-paper covered baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Set aside on a wire rack to cool slightly before glazing with melted chocolate.
- Allow to cool fully before slicing—it’s even better when left overnight. It will last, sealed, for up to ten days.