- 907 grams clams
- 226 grams spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) white wine
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) fresh ground pepper
- Clean the clams, then let them soak in heavily salted water for 20 minutes. Remove, rinse, and drain. Discard any clams that don’t close when tapped.
- In a pot of heavily salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat two tablespoons (30 milliliters) of olive oil in a large pan. Add garlic and chili and fry until fragrant. Add clams. Pour in white wine. Cover and let cook five minutes, or until all clams have opened. Add Roma tomatoes to pan and stir.
- Strain spaghetti, reserving 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) cooking liquid. Add spaghetti and liquid to the pan. Add remaining olive oil, butter, and pepper. Toss spaghetti in the sauce and cook a few minutes until sauce thickens. Add clams and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.