- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- To make the rub, mix thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- To combine, butterfly sirloin tip roast. Using hands, massage rub mixture onto roast and coat evenly.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Place roast in skillet. Sear for four to five minutes. Flip roast, and immediately transfer skillet to the oven. Cook for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven. Place meat on a rack and let rest five to ten minutes.
- Slice and serve with horseradish, grainy mustard, and gravy (see recipe).
Treat your knives right with the tips in the video below, courtesy of Spencer Watts.