1.Heat oven to 350°F (176°C).
2. Place tomatoes with juice onto a rimmed baking sheet. Break tomatoes into bite-sized pieces with hands and drizzle with 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
4. Add onions and cook until beginning to soften, 7 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining oil, eggplant, zucchini and peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add bay leaf, oregano, thyme, fresh tomatoes and roasted canned tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Stir in vinegar and cook for 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Stir in basil and sprinkle with crumbled feta.