- 680 grams small heirloom carrots
- 6 shallots, peeled (core intact)
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) honey
- 1/2 tablespoon (7.5 milliliters) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C).
- Trim and slice the carrots in half lengthwise, arrange on a lined baking sheet. Slice the shallots in half lengthwise and add to the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, thyme, honey, Dijon, salt, and pepper, whisk well. Pour over the carrots and shallots on the baking sheet, then toss to coat. Once coated, arrange carrots and shallots in a single layer and roast for twelve minutes or until caramelized and crisp-tender.
- When ready, transfer to a serving dish, and garnish with the pistachios and parsley.
- Serve warm.