- Prepare stuffing in large bowl by mixing diced bread, cooked wild rice*, plumped dried cranberries**, carrot, celery, onion, water chestnuts, sage, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Then moisten with apple juice and vegetable stock. Stuffing will feel very wet.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Remove tenderloin from turkey breast and slice/butterfly it open. Butterfly the turkey breast by slicing it thinly along the side from end to end and opening it up without cutting all the way through. Repeat, trying to make as much surface area as possible.
- Spread stuffing over turkey and roll up. Tie up with butcher twine.
- Place tied turkey roll on baking sheet and cover tightly with tinfoil.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 F and continue to bake another 15 minutes.
- Turn oven onto broil and remove tinfoil, allowing turkey to brown. Ensure internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Watch turkey breast closely. It should take eight to ten minutes for the turkey to brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes.
- Slice and serve.
*Cooked wild rice: add 1/2 cup wild rice to four cups salted water, bring to boil then reduce heat to a light simmer. Simmer for about 35-45 minutes and then drain. Rice is done when black grains crack open and you can see white inner flesh of the grain. Cooked rice will be chewy but not crunchy. Overcooked wild rice curls up.
**Dried cranberries will absorb too much moisture out of stuffing and make your dish dry. So cover them with boiling water for one to two minutes and they will absorb the water and plump up.