- 2 cups (480 milliliters) olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely diced
- 454 grams fresh medium to large octopus tentacles
- 4 red chili peppers, seeded and sliced, plus 1 minced for garnish
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) chopped Italian parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook to soften. Add octopus, red chili peppers, 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Italian parsley, salt, ground black pepper and stir to combine. Cover skillet with lid and cook over low heat for one and a half to two hours.
- Transfer octopus with oil to platter. Garnish with remaining Italian parsley and minced red chili pepper. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon over dish.