- 1 x 907 gram rabbit, cut in 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups (360 milliliters) red wine, divided
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 small onion
- 1 chili pepper, minced
- 2 cups (480 milliliters) cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Add rabbit pieces to a large bowl along with 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) olive oil, white wine vinegar, one cup (240 milliliters) red wine, bay leaves, rosemary, and thyme and stir to combine and coat thoroughly. Cover and marinate for at least two hours.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Remove the pieces of rabbit from the marinade, shaking off excess moisture. Sear the rabbit pieces on all sides. Transfer rabbit to a plate. Add onions to skillet and brown. Add marinade, chili pepper, cherry tomatoes and remaining 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) red wine, stirring to combine. Transfer rabbit back into skillet. Cover the skillet and cook over low heat until the meat is tender, about 45 minutes to one hour.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve alongside crusty bread.