- 2 x 680 gram lobsters
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 bird’s eye chili peppers or red serrano peppers, stems removed, deseeded, and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups (960 milliliters) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) chopped basil
- 454 grams spaghetti
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- To steam the lobsters, fill a very large pot with a few inches (five to eight centimeters) of water, then bring to a boil. Add lobster, close lid, and cook for six minutes, then transfer to ice bath.
- When lobster is cool enough to handle, remove tail, then cut in half lengthwise and remove meat. Remove claws from body, crack open, then take out meat. Remove the meat from the knuckles as well. Cut lobster meat into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil, then add the onion, chili pepper, and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, then add the cherry tomatoes, salt, and fresh ground pepper, and cook until tomatoes are soft and have begun to release their juices, about eight to ten minutes. Add lobster meat and cook for two more minutes, then stir in basil. Add small ladle of pasta water.
- In the meantime, in a large pot, bring salted water to a rolling boil, then add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain pasta then add to skillet with tomatoes and lobster and toss thoroughly.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.