- Cut eggs in half, crosswise. Slice a small piece off rounded ends so eggs will lie flat on plate.
- Scoop out yolks and mash with two tablespoons of mayonnaise, sea salt, ginger (if using) and sesame oil. Pile back into egg hollows.
- Combine remaining one tablespoon mayonnaise with wasabi powder. Cover separately and chill until needed.
- Curl a small piece of the pickled ginger to form a rosebud shape, then tuck into each egg.
- Put a small dollop of wasabi-mayonnaise on top it and add a watercress or parsley sprig. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This recipe is from Julie’s Book Slimming Meals That Heal. Permission has been granted by Penguin Random House Canada