- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine.
- Strain into a lime-infused salt-rimmed glass filled with ice.
Hibiscus tea concentrate:
- Bring water to boil.
- Add hibiscus flowers, stir and steep covered at low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
- Strain the dried flowers and place in a glass container.
- Refrigerate for up to three days
- Optional: If you would like to pre-sweeten the concentrate for margaritas ahead of time, you can add the Stevia Simple Syrup to taste (I usually start by adding one to two tablespoons and add adjust the sweeteners of the margaritas later if needed). Note: if you would like it to be more of a “syrupy” consistency and would prefer to add sugar rather than simple syrup, add one cup of your sugar of choice while it’s boiling.
Lime infused salt rim:
- Combine equal parts of citrus zest and salt.
- Mix together well.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes before using it to rim your glasses.
- When ready, run a lime wedge along the rim of your glass and dip in salt to cover the rim.
Get the Stevia simple syrup recipe here.