- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) capers
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) anchovies
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) parmesan Reggiano cheese, grated
- 908 grams flank steak, scored
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 anchovy
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) peppercorns
- 1/2 lemon, juiced, zested
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) parmesan Reggiano, whole or grated
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) veg oil
- 2 slices sourdough bread, diced
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) unsalted butter, melted for tossing
- Salt and pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a food processor place capers, anchovies, horseradish, and olive oil, pulse until components are chunky.
- In a freezer bag place the steak with the marinade, massage, and let soak in the fridge for 24 hours.
- In a food processor place, egg, Dijon, garlic, anchovy, lemon juice, lemon zest, peppercorns, red wine vinegar, parmesan cheese, begin mixing.
- Slowly add the oil until the ingredients combine and thicken.
- Turn on half of the of the grill to high 400 F (205 C).
- In a bowl toss the sourdough bread with butter, salt and pepper, place on a tray on the unlit side of the barbeque to cook indirectly until toasted.
- Set aside.
- Remove the steak from the marinate scrape off the access marinate chunks, and let steak sit out covered for one hour to come to room temperature.
- Discard the marinate.
- Heat the barbeque to high 400 F (205 C).
- Brush the grill with oil.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and place it on the grill.
- Let cook three minutes then make a quarter turn to create a crosshatch pattern and cook three minutes more.
- Flip cover the steak and top with the parmesan cheese.
- Cook the steak for five more minutes.
- Remove from grill then tent for ten minutes.
- Brush the romaine hearts with butter.
- Grill for one minute on each side, then chop.
- In a bowl toss chopped romaine hearts, the croutons, half the parmesan cheese, and the dressing.
- Top steak with the Caesar mixture and garnish with remaining parmesan cheese and serve.
- Note: Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on the size and type of your barbeque.