- Heat your BBQ over medium high heat.
- Brush both sides of the cheese slices with oil and season with pepper. Place onto a medium hot grill for two minutes on each side, or until well-marked.
- Brush the bread with butter, season with pepper and grill for a few minutes side down until well-marked.
- Remove halloumi and baguette from the heat and set aside.
- Slice baguette on a bias in five centimeter slices.
- Top each piece of baguette with grilled halloumi and a dollop of Bourbon Peach and Bacon Jam. Enjoy!
Bourbon and peach bacon jam:
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp, remove and drain on paper towel. Carefully drain the grease out of the pan leaving about two tablespoons.
- Add shallots, garlic, and peaches to the bacon grease pan and cook until shallots are translucent, about five minutes.
- Add chili powder, ginger, and mustard and cook another one to two minutes.
- Add bourbon and maple syrup and increase the heat to medium high, scrape up any brown bits and bring to a boil. Add vinegar and brown sugar and bring to a boil again.
- Add reserved bacon back to the pan. Reduce heat to low and cook until liquid looks like a thick glaze - about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool until warm and transfer to a food processor.
- Pulse mixture several times until it resembles a chunky jam or reaches a texture according to personal preferences. Enjoy!