- To prepare the conch cakes, cut conchs into 2.5 centimeter pieces. In the bowl of a food processor, add two cups (500 milliliters) of conchs at a time with 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) of the reserved stock and grind into lentil-size pieces. Repeat with remaining conch meat.
- Place meat in a large bowl and season with seasoned salt. Mix well.
- Add garlic, onions, bell pepper, mayonnaise and mustard and mix.
- Add lime juice, bread crumbs, eggs, thyme, parsley, pepper sauce, oregano, paprika and salt and pepper and mix well. (If the first conch cake is too soft add a little more panko into the bowl and mix.)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop two tablespoons (30 milliliters) of the conch mixture and form into cakes. Repeat with remaining mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Dust cakes with flour on both sides and fry until golden, about three minutes per side, then turn over with a spatula. Keep warm in the oven. Serve between toasted slider buns with my Goombay Sauce and your favourite toppings.
To bake the cakes in the oven, preheat to 400˚F (200˚C). In a large ovenproof skillet, heat two tablespoons (30 milliliters) canola over medium heat (making sure the bottom of the pan is covered). When oil is hot, add cakes. Fry cakes until golden, about two minutes, turn them over with a spatula and fry for one minute: transfer to the oven until the cakes cook through, about five to ten minutes.