- Divide the beef into two, 114 gram meatballs.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Place both meatballs in the heated pan and use a metal spatula to flatten into a beef patty. Cook for two minutes and then flip and cook on the other side for another two minutes.
- Add the three litres of canola oil into a 5.7 litre heavy bottom pot (Dutch oven) over medium and heat to 350F.
- Meanwhile, make two bacon cheeseburgers. Try to keep the slice of cheese, bacon and beef patty inside the perimeter of the bun. Press the bun down to create a compact burger. Use three toothpicks to secure the bun to the burger.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the batter.
- Dip one burger in the batter so it’s completely coated.
- Slowly, lower the burger into the heated oil and cook, turning occasionally, for four minutes or until the batter is crispy. Remove the burger from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with the second burger.
TIP: For an extra cheesy burger add two slices of cheese.