- Start by making salad dressing. In a blender combine one roughly chopped cucumber with 1/2 cup basil leaves, cashews, oregano, chives, salt, olive oil and water until smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust with additional salt if desired. Set aside.
- Using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler, cut remaining four cucumbers into thin noodles and place into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan over medium heat. Add corn and sauté until starting to brown, about four minutes. Remove corn to a plate and place frying pan back over heat.
- Add halloumi cheese slices to frying pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about two minutes on each side.
- Tear halloumi into small pieces and place in bowl with cucumber noodles along with corn, tomatoes, olives, remaining 1/2 cup basil leaves and dressing.
- Lightly toss to combine. Divide salad between serving bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Note: For this recipe you can also use two English cucumbers. Use a third of one cucumber in the dressing and spiralize the rest for the salad.