- Make the whipped feta, tomato bacon jam and pea pesto. Serve in bowls and jars placed around the board.
- Prepare the fruit and vegetables: Cut the plums into small wedges and remove the pits. Use a mandoline to slice the cantaloupe V˝ thick. Place the frozen peas in a small dish and let them thaw at room temperature. Using a mandoline, slice two radishes V˝ thick; leave the other radishes whole, greens attached, as an edible garnish for the board. Using a mandoline, slice the baby cucumbers lengthwise into long strips V˝ thick.
- Thinly slice the baguette and toast it.
- Place the olives and hazelnuts in small dishes. Drizzle the honey overtop the nuts, allowing it to coat them.
- Arrange all the components on and around your board, including plenty of fresh herbs.
For the base, firm crackers or chips work great too. Make sure the toppings are bite-size so they perch on the crostini. Other garnishes could be a simple fleur de sel, spiced nuts or a balsamic glaze. When selecting the spreads, go for contrasting colors and complementary flavors.