- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Heat a large, heavy saucepan on medium heat and coat the bottom of the saucepan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs to pan, skin side down and sear to render fat and crisp skin (two to four minutes). Flip chicken legs and repeat. (Hint: the video below will help you save some money on chicken!)
- Add garlic and scatter thin lemon slices over thighs. Rub thyme sprigs in your hands above the pan to remove leaves. Place the rubbed sprigs among the thighs. Toss contents of pan. Arrange thighs with skin side up and cook for two to four minutes.
- Transfer to oven and cooked for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven. Squeeze remaining lemon half over the thighs, catching seeds in your hand.
To save money on your next trip to the deli, check out the video below!