- Make the Cherry cabernet relish and Cranberry Mustard. Serve in bowls.
- Leave 2.5 centimeters of greens on the carrots and slice them into long spears.
- Prepare a beet salad on a stick: Measure about one tablespoon of the hazelnuts into a small resealable plastic bag. With a heavy-bottomed glass, crush the hazelnuts into a fine crumb. Pour the crushed nuts onto a small plate and mix in the ground pepper. Take about seven grams of the chèvre and roll it into a small ball, then roll it in the nut mixture. Set aside and repeat with the remaining chèvre until you make eight balls. Slice the beets in half. Slide a beet onto a decorative toothpick, followed by spinach leaves and a chèvre ball.
- Slice the baguette into one centimeter slices.
- Slice all the other components into the style that works best for you, then arrange everything on and around your board. Top with optional garnishes.
If prime rib is on your Christmas menu, you can make this board for Boxing Day lunch with the leftovers. Some striking flavour combinations here are bread, Cherry Cabernet Relish, herbed cheese and rare beef; bread, Cranberry Mustard, garlic roast beef and apricot Stilton; roast beef wrapped around blue cheese, a cornichon and a carrot and bread, a goat cheese ball and hazelnuts.
For the pickled cranberry recipe, click here.
For the mashed potato dip, click here.