- 15 dried Turkish figs
- 15 almonds
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) finely chopped hazelnuts
- 175 grams 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) ground cloves
- Sea salt, optional
- Slice the figs along the bottom, so that the sides are still intact. Insert almonds into the opening of the fig, then squeeze fig back together to close around almond.
- Fill a small bowl with chopped hazelnuts.
- In a double-boiler (or a glass bowl set over a saucepan half-filled with gently simmering water), add the chocolate and stir until it is melted and silky smooth. Add ground cloves and stir in well. Remove from heat.
- Dip the figs in the chocolate until they are coated either entirely, or ¾ of the way, then dip into chopped hazelnuts. Sprinkle with a little sea salt. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and leave to set in the refrigerator until chocolate hardens.