- In a deep, large, skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs and sear on both sides for three to four minutes each side, until golden. Add onions and green peppers, cook for two to three minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic, cook for one minute. Add the Hungarian paprika and the Spanish paprika. Stir. Pour in chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and gently simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove lid and lightly shred meat apart using two forks. Add butter and flour. Stir until fully incorporated. Slowly pour in milk while stirring. Bring the mixture to a light simmer and cook for two to three minutes until a thick sauce forms, continuously stirring. Season with salt. Remove mixture from the heat. Set aside to cool.
- Line an 8x8 casserole dish with parchment paper. Add cooled mixture and place in refrigerator for an hour to chill completely.
- Using a circular cookie cutter, cut 15 centimetre x 6.25 centimetre portions out of the chicken mixture. Dredge the chicken croquetas in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet to 325F (160C). Place 3 croquetas in hot vegetable oil and cook for four to five minutes on each side. Repeat until all croquetas are cooked. Set croquetas aside on dry paper towels and reserve for plating.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the tomato, cucumber, red onions, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper until properly mixed. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
Lemon Chive Sour Cream:
- In a small mixing bowl, mix sour cream, chives, lemon zest, and salt until fully combined.
For plating, place a croquetas in the center of a round plate. Top with a dollop of Lemon Chive Sour Cream and three tablespoons (45 millilitres) of Gazpacho Salad.