- 2 sheet of puff pastry
- 400 grams cherry tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 30 grams butter
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 100 grams baby salad leaves
- 50 grams mature cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Select two 6-8 inch oven proof frying pans.
- In each frying pan, heat the honey and wait until the mixture begins to bubble and all has been dissolved for the colours. The add butter and balsamic vinegar. Remove from the heat and line the cherry tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, roll out the puff pastry and cut out two discs to fit the top of each frying pan. Place the pastry discs on tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until bubbly and the pastry golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for five to eight minutes.
- Take a large serving platter, place it on top of the pan and turn it over to reveal a glorious pastry case laden with caramelised cherry tomatoes.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and sprinkle some cheddar and a few salad leaves over.