- Preheat oven to 400 F (205C).
- Add two tablespoons (30 milliliters) butter to a cast-iron skillet and place in oven to heat while preparing batter.
- Add cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with buttermilk, melted butter, cream-style corn, and green onions. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Carefully remove hot skillet from oven and swirl to coat bottom with melted butter. Pour batter evenly into hot skillet and place in oven.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with butter.
Find out how to make your cast-iron pants last (almost) forever with this video.