- Heat two tablespoons (30 milliliters) of butter in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions to pan and stir to coat in butter. Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, garam masala, cumin, chili flakes and salt. Cook, stirring until fragrant and onions are translucent.
- Dice chicken into 2.5 centimeter pieces. Add chicken to frying pan and stir to coat in spices, cook for three to five minutes or until no longer pink.
- Pour in tomato sauce and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in heavy cream and remaining butter. Cover and cook for five to eight minutes.
- Serve over spiced basmati rice with cucumber raita and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Cooking doesn't have to be expensive - watch the video below for proof!