- Cook the frozen potato tots according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the egg yolks to a blender and add in the lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne, if using, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Blend just to combine then melt the butter in a saucepot or in a microwave until it is fully melted and starting to bubble and spit a bit. Remove the vent cap from the blender and, with the blender running, very slowly stream 1/2 cup of the butter in. This hot butter will help cook the egg yolks and create a super simple hollandaise.* Taste and season with a little more salt and/or lemon or add a little more butter with the mixer running if needed and set aside.
- When the frozen potato tots are cooked to a crisp golden brown, place half onto an oven-safe dish then scatter with half of the bacon, sausage, and cheese curds. Layer on the remaining tots, bacon, sausage, and cheese curds. Pop the dish into a warm oven (the temperature used for cooking the potato tots will be perfect) just for five minutes or so to melt the cheese a little.
- Meanwhile, if the hollandaise is a little too thick, turn the blender back on and stream in about a tablespoon of boiling water. This will reheat the sauce and help loosen it a little.
- Remove the dish from the oven, pour over the hollandaise, top with fried eggs, and a good scattering of finely chopped chives. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and serve immediately.
*Hollandaise should be avoided by those who are pregnant.