- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine first measure of water, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic powder, mix well, then simmer for two minutes.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch to second measure of water and mix until cornstarch has dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce mixture, simmer, stirring, for one minute to thicken.
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat. Place the blade steak in the hot pan, cook to desired doneness.
- Brush some of the sauce on the steak, slice to serve, garnish with green onion.
Reserve extra Teriyaki Sauce for another application.