- 907 grams asparagus (green and/or white)
- 8 cups (1.9 liters) water
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) salt
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Dijon mustard
- 3/4 – 1 cup (180–240 milliliters) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) finely chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Trim asparagus of woody ends. Bring water, dry white wine, and salt to a boil in a shallow saucepan. Add asparagus and boil for three to four minutes (do not overcook). Remove asparagus from hot water and set aside.
- Peel hard-boiled eggs and slice in half. Remove yolks to a bowl and break up roughly with a fork. Finely chop cooked egg whites. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend raw egg yolk with vinegar, lemon, and Dijon until smooth. Slowly add oil while blending until emulsified.
- Fold chopped, cooked egg whites and smooth, cooked egg yolks into Dijon mixture. Add chopped parsley and chives. Divide cooked asparagus among serving plates and top with egg sauce.