Anything goes cookies:
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Drop cookie dough by level tablespoons – eight cookies per tray, five centimeters apart. Using a glass, with bottom dipped in flour; flatten dough to five centimeter circles. With fingertips, shape each into a neat circle. Cookies will spread while baking.
- Bake in center of 350F/180C preheated oven for ten minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Cool two minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely. Cookies will be crispy.
Rose water cream cheese filling:
- Using a handheld mixer combine cream cheese, rose water and icing sugar, until smooth. Chill until ready to assemble cookies.
- In a bowl whisk together icing sugar, 1/4 cup water and food dye. Add additional water, one teaspoon at a time to desired smooth consistency.
- Spread half of the cookies with a level tablespoon of chilled icing. Top with another cookie, squeezing them together gently. Place on rack to let set while organizing glaze and toppings.
- Dip half of an assembled cookie in the glaze, letting excess glaze drip off. Place on wire rack. Decorate with an assortment of toppings. Leave on rack to set and dry glaze.
Variation: Single cookies can be dipped in glaze, decorated with toppings ahead of time and stored until ready to assemble.
Note: If you wish to have a hole in the top cookie – cut holes in warm cookies using the bottom edge of a metal piping tip.